Monday, September 17, 2007

Hello Everybody. This is my first blog entry. Well actually, this is my first blog ever. Yes I know I'm like seriously late. Anyways, I'm here. This blog will serve as a stream of consciousness with my work. I am what is traditionally known as a Jack of all Trades: Master of None. Maybe a bad thing but that's being honest. I'm a Hybrid Filmmaker. I do everything just within firing range with one set of skills, then I utilize a different set of skills to get a project just right. First up is a concept design that started way back in highschool called RIX. About 2 years ago I tried to adapt it into a comic in a moment of desperation. But now as my interests have long since moved on to Animation I figured hey, lets go on and do it as that. Of course as a visual development artist I had to try different styles. The bottom image was what I chose as it was a nice balance.







My brother, Jim is working with me on this thing. Nice to have a sounding board. Special thanks to Danny Williams and Marc Florestant for putting some fire under my butt to get work done. Oddly enough, I finally started taking my own advice:-)

5 comments:

pOiNtPuShEr said...

I am so honored to be one of the first people to comment on your blog man. The images look fantastic too.

I am anxiously awaiting the amazing images, words and videos to come.

-D

David M. said...

Looking good Tim... Like the different looks for the character. Can't wait to see more!

Cleveland said...

Great to see this thing rolling. Let's get it done, man!

pointpusher is becoming a dab hand at the the photoshop painting thing, so yoou may want to hit him up.

Oh, and I added you to my blog : http://www.cleveland-ndf.blogspot.com/

Bighead Scientists said...

Thank you kind sir. I am adding you to my blog as well sir david.

Bighead Scientists said...

Cleveland. Yes I agree its time I took a bit of my own advice right? I'm identifying directly certain design objectives and figuring out which assets will be 3d and which will be 2d and then those inbetween. I'll keep posting my progress. Link added dude.